Is there any real justice in this world?
The last two weeks have been days of such vivid contrast. So much has happened in such a short space of time it is very hard to know where to begin.
In the outside world from climate change, TTIP to the refugee crisis in Europe everything has been struggle after struggle, with very sharp contrasts.
The refugee crisis in Europe has divided people and Governments in every country and I find myself asking why? What is the real fear behind closed borders and turning back people as if they had no rights at all. These are human beings just as we are human beings we are not different.
If what is happening in other countries such as Syria were to happen here we would be in the same position. Would families here not try to leave the country to find peace and a safe life elsewhere?
Throughout human history there have been great human migrations to find a better place in which to live and bring up children. This migration is no different and follows years of war and hardship which no-one in the European Union can begin to contemplate, because, I believe, of our sanitised news, media and propaganda coverage.
The rhetoric this week has been we have to get rid of the root cause of this migration to allow refugees to return home, however;
- Who is at the root of the problem?
- Who created ISIL?
- Who created the Assad regime in Syria?
- Who went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan?
- Who is it that is suggesting that the world go to war again to get rid of the terrorists and the Assad regime?
- How many more people have to be killed both service and civillian before those in power wake up and realise that the quest for ever more money whilst stepping on your neighbour is just not worthwhile?
- Why is it that all our Governments seem to want to do is destroy rather than build, hoard material wealth rather than invest in people and the future, hold onto past glory rather than let go and share a brighter, more inclusive future?
- Why do we, in the “West” insist that our traditions, culture and ways of life are the only way to live? Why can we not seek to understand and celebrate our diversity rather than bully other countries until they follow our ways? We are not God!!!!
- Perhaps helping your neighbour in their hour of need is more tenable?
I understand that there is great fear amongst the leaders of our countries that a lot of the refugees coming across our borders may, in fact, be ISIL in disguise because there are so many young men amongst the thousands. I guess this could be possible, however, is it not more likely that the deaths in the Mediterranean, have resulted in families sending out the young men because:
- They are young with few ties and more prospects and they are more likely to make a sea crossing successfully;
- The older generation are trying to save whoever they can;
- There is only enough money for a family to pay for the young to cross into Europe.
Again I ask what would you do if it were your family?
I do understand both sides of the argument and the fear prevalent in Europe. Also I do not have all the facts of the situation to hand. I know we are never told everything that is going on, however:
PLEASE CAN WE TAKE THE DECISION NOT TO GO TO WAR AGAIN. IF WE GO TO A FULL BLOWN WAR IN SYRIA, ALL THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS MORE WAR, MORE DESTRUCTION, MORE REFUGEES. WE WILL BE, EVEN MORE, THE WHITE DEVILS AND ISIL WILL GAIN MORE GROUND AND MORE FOLLOWERS.
THERE IS A SAYING THAT, ALTHOUGH I DON’T LIKE IT MUCH, SEEMS TO WORK FOR FOLK “KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES EVEN CLOSER?”
THE MOST HUMBLING AND EYE OPENING MOMENT FOR ME OVER THE LAST TWO WEEKS WAS AT A RALLY IN EDINBURGH WELCOMING REFUGEES WHEN TWO LITTLE SYRIAN BOYS AND THEIR FATHER, CAME UP TO ME, SHOOK MY HAND AND SAID “THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME!”
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – WE ARE ALL HUMAN, CAN WE SHOW A LITTLE MORE HUMANITY?